Joe Biden claims a remarkable academic background:
- Attended Syracuse Law School on a full academic scholarship, the only one in his class.
- Graduated in top 1/2 of his law school class.
- Named Outstanding Student in the Political Science department in college. -
- Graduated with 3 Degrees from undergraduate school, 165 credits - only needed 123 credits.
- In 2017, after completing his term as V.P., he became a professor at the University of Pennsylvania.
- First person in his family to attend university.
Update, per Joe Biden:
- He did NOT graduate from the top 1/2 of his law school class, graduated near the bottom, 76th of 85.
- Did NOT have a full law school scholarship, only a 1/2 scholarship.
- Does NOT have 3 degrees from college, only 1 degree.
- Was NOT named Outstanding Political Science student.
- The University of Pennsylvania did indeed make Biden the “Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor” in 2017, but neither the school nor Biden expected him to teach any classes, according to comments at the time.
- Was NOT the first person in his family - that claim was from a plagiarized speech.